Tuesday, January 6, 2015

2015 Physical Challenge

I have decided to challenge myself with a physical challenge. I would really like to improve my health from the inside out. I need to get healthier and lose weight. I am overweight and I am not talking about a few pounds. I am at a very unhealthy weight. I desperately need to strengthen my body. I have planned to purchase myself a FitBit at tax time.

A few days ago,  I stumbled upon a QVC show featuring a FitBit. I learned a lot more about it. The next morning, I was telling my Mr. about the show, the app and all about the FitBit. Little did I know,  that he had ordered one for me for a Christmas gift. Later the same day, my FitBit arrived!  Boy was a surprised!  Talk about great timing. I am really fired up about getting started.

We charged my FitBit and I wore it for a short time before bed. I spent the next day really focused on watching those numbers rise. Unfortunately,  I also have the flu. I really do not feel up to par.

I found that the goal that automatically comes with the FitBit device is that of 10,000 steps per day. I was surprised because I thought the number of steps that should be taken was 2,000 steps. Wow was I wrong.

So, according to my daughter, about 2,000 steps equal a mile. Dependent upon a variety of factors, a mile may be up to 2,500 I think but may be wrong. So, if 2,000 steps is a mile per say, then the goal is 5 miles per day to walk. Approximately 35 miles a week, 140 miles a month for a total of 1,680 miles for a year of reaching the daily goal. That is a lot of miles. That is a lot of miles for being out of shape and overweight.

To be honest the number of miles for a year based upon the daily goal is a lot of miles. I definitely believe that this is a big challenge for me. Although I feel that this in itself is a challenge perhaps I should make a higher goal. I really want this to be a year of better health and weight loss for me. I need for it to be a better year for me.

So this being said, if I were to reach the goal of 1,680 miles, I would be really proud and excited. I know I will have to push myself to reach this goal. So, to push the limit, my goal is going to be to walk 3,000 miles between the night of January 2, 2015 to exactly one year later January 2, 2016.

I will keep you up-to-date with my progress including my weight loss. I am going to add a goal tracker on the blog.

THE GOAL IS 3,000 MILES

No comments:

Post a Comment