Thursday, September 25, 2014

A New Interest

I love it when I stumble upon a new interest!

Olá amigos! Eu quero aprender a falar português.

Translation: Hello Friends! I want to learn how to speak Portugese. Earlier this week, I encountered an issue with a service that a client had ordered. I realized that I was not equipped to handle the language barrier. However, I wanted to ensure the best possible service to the client. I decided upon utilizing the Google Translate to try to email the client. Much to my surprise, the email was successful. The client contacted me and we are handling the issue and nipping a possible negative situation in the bud.

I was really excited about the possibility of completing this international business deal. It felt great to help the client. Over the last two days, it seems that I have had portugese clients. Over the telephone, my company partners with a translation service. I was able to successfully complete a transaction with a portugese client in Brazil.

I came home from work yesterday and was thinking about the portugese clients. I wanted to learn more about the portugese culture, language and history. I was not aware that portugese was a commonly spoken language in Brazil. I decided to read about the history of the language in Brazil. I had previously thought that Spanish was spoken in Brazil and perhaps the majority if not all of South America . Obviously I was wrong. I'm now interested in learning more about South American cultures including the portugese language and Brazil. I was even surprised to learn that there was originally a Royal Portuguese Family in Brazil.

I love finding new and intriguing interest.  Although it is still a distance, every since I was a little girl, I have wanted to visit The Galapagos Islands. My favorite book shared animals from around the world such as Pigeons in Paris for instance and the Giant Galapagos Tortoise. Oh how I loved (love) Turtles. I would love to tour the Galapagos and make my way to Brazil. I'd love to visit and write about my experiences in Travel. Travel writing would be awesome. I have written about family travel as a freelance writer, It would be intriguing to write about Brazil and the Galapagos to name a few.

Anyway, I would like to learn portugese to help my clients at work and to enrich my life and knowledge as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment